Trados tags and both languages appear in text
Thread poster: Clara Duarte

Clara Duarte  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 08:00
English to Portuguese
+ ...
May 28, 2007

While working on a Word document the purple tags appeared (sorry for the lack of Trados specific jargon...). Now I am working on a different Word document and with a different translation memory, but the problem persists. I get a purple tag in the beginning of the term, another after this and then the translated term appears followed by another purple tag. Of course I cannot simply delete these.

I reckon it's something to do with the Normal.dot file. How do I solve this?

Thank you so much for your help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:00
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
This is not a problem, but a feature May 28, 2007

And you'll do well, if you get used to it.
If you hide this (simply by unselecting show hidden text via Tools, Options, View) you risk damaging those "purple tags", which are segment delimeter, and making your text worthless or at least adding you a lot of work on reparing them.

If you really need to switch hidden characters off, do so, but remember not to destroy delimeters and other special signs. Go to Tools, Options and select the View tab. There unselect all you don't want to see there.

Jerzy

Clara Duarte  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 08:00
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Jerzy! May 28, 2007

I knew not to delet the delimiters, but that was all I knew, so your advise was much appreciated.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados tags and both languages appear in text

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search