https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/74884-purchasing_trados_2007%3A_when_do_i_get_my_lisence.html

Purchasing Trados 2007: When do I get my lisence?
Thread poster: Janina Dörnath (X)
Janina Dörnath (X)
Janina Dörnath (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:17
English to German
+ ...
Jun 7, 2007

Hello everyone,

I purchased Trados 2007 as a member of a recent group buy on proz. I paid via Euro bank transfer. Still I haven't got my lisence, which was said to be sent via e-mail. I rechecked IBAN and Swift-Code and everything's ok. I also gave them the correct e-mail address as I got e.g. the invoice.

Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes to get the lisence after paying via bank transfer?
Does anyone know how to contact SDL on that matter?

... See more
Hello everyone,

I purchased Trados 2007 as a member of a recent group buy on proz. I paid via Euro bank transfer. Still I haven't got my lisence, which was said to be sent via e-mail. I rechecked IBAN and Swift-Code and everything's ok. I also gave them the correct e-mail address as I got e.g. the invoice.

Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes to get the lisence after paying via bank transfer?
Does anyone know how to contact SDL on that matter?

Thanks

Janina
Collapse

Katalin Sandor
Katalin Sandor  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Ages Jun 7, 2007

I bought Trados on my own one and a half years ago. My account was debited no problem, but my licence did not arrive for another two days or so. That seems to be normal practice (OK, there was a weekend involved, but if the system can handle payments, it should be able to handle licenses as well...).
Recently, I bought another Trados product in a group by through PROZ. I had problems again, but: PROZ has people to handle the
... See more
I bought Trados on my own one and a half years ago. My account was debited no problem, but my licence did not arrive for another two days or so. That seems to be normal practice (OK, there was a weekend involved, but if the system can handle payments, it should be able to handle licenses as well...).
Recently, I bought another Trados product in a group by through PROZ. I had problems again, but: PROZ has people to handle these. I had Massimo (hope the spelling is correct) actually calling me and telling me what to do. So: If it's a group buy related problem, send a message to PROZ support, and they will be very helpful (unlike SDL).
Good luck,
SK
Collapse

Janina Dörnath (X)
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jun 7, 2007

Hello Katalin,

thanks for your quick help. I just notified proz support and hope that they can help me.
Let's see

Janina

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
SDL Support Jun 8, 2007

Hi Katalin,
Recently, I bought another Trados product in a group by through PROZ. I had problems again, but: PROZ has people to handle these. I had Massimo (hope the spelling is correct) actually calling me and telling me what to do. So: If it's a group buy related problem, send a message to PROZ support, and they will be very helpful (unlike SDL).

Are you sure? Massimo Ghislandi is a member of SDL staff.

Still, submitting a Support Request regarding a group sale is a good suggestion.

Best, Ralf

Katalin Sandor
Katalin Sandor  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
My apologies Jun 8, 2007

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Are you sure? Massimo Ghislandi is a member of SDL staff.

I give up... Originally I though that he was. I even wrote to PROZ a letter of praize about SDL support - at least I was right on that one... Then something (I forget now what) made me think he was not SDL -- of well. I've checked my mail archives - in his first letter, he does refer to my complaint to PROZ support (i.e., that he had heard about my problem from PROZ people), so they must have had something to do with it.
So, here's another attempt: SDL are not that bad when nudged, and Massimo HAS been very helpful, no matter who he works for.
I hope I do not have to take this one back

Thank you, Ralf, for the correction. Sorry!
SK

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
It takes time Jun 9, 2007

Hi Janina,
it takes some time for the purchase price to be credited to SDL's bank account. It took around a week with wire transfer. Meanwhile, you can download the software and use it for 30 days until your activation code arrives.

Janina Dörnath (X)
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks everyone! Jun 11, 2007

Hello

I'd just like to thank you all for your support and advice. I contacted proz.com support and Drew handled everything for me. I had to send a confirmation for my bank transfer to SDL. If everything's fine I'll get my lisence today.

@Stanislav: Thanks for the advice about the demo version. It's just that I already had used that version. It actually made me decide to get TRADOS.

Janina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Purchasing Trados 2007: When do I get my lisence?

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »