SDL MultiTerm 2007 (444) Any experience?
Thread poster: Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 13:41
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jun 11, 2007

My current configuration is as follows:

Windows XP Professional SP2
Microsoft Office 2003 Professional
SDL Trados 2006 FL with
- Translator's Workbench 7.5.0.759 (Build 759)
- MultiTerm 7.1.0.361 (Build 361)

I don't plan to upgrade to Windows Vista or Trados 2007 at the moment. However, I see that in the downloads area of Trados there is a new build of MultiTerm for the users of Trados 2006: MultiTerm (Build 444).

Until recently, I w
... See more
My current configuration is as follows:

Windows XP Professional SP2
Microsoft Office 2003 Professional
SDL Trados 2006 FL with
- Translator's Workbench 7.5.0.759 (Build 759)
- MultiTerm 7.1.0.361 (Build 361)

I don't plan to upgrade to Windows Vista or Trados 2007 at the moment. However, I see that in the downloads area of Trados there is a new build of MultiTerm for the users of Trados 2006: MultiTerm (Build 444).

Until recently, I was satisfied with Build 361. However, after deleting a TermBase I suffer a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library runtime error and cannot load the MultiTerm toolbar in Word. (Word crashes!) It can also be ralated to an unsuccesful installation of Passolo as well. Anyway...

Now I plan to install the latest build 444; any opinions on this new build?
Collapse

finntranslat (X)
finntranslat (X)  Identity Verified
Finland
English to Finnish
+ ...
Multiterm Jun 11, 2007

Its working like magic on my machine

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Microsoft Visual C++ error solved Jun 30, 2007

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

Until recently, I was satisfied with Build 361. However, after deleting a TermBase I suffer a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library runtime error and cannot load the MultiTerm toolbar in Word. (Word crashes!)

Problem solved after deleting MultiTerm7dot file in C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME\Application Data\Trados\MultiTerm

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL MultiTerm 2007 (444) Any experience?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »