https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/75304-group_buy_whats_the_real_price_in_poland.html

Group Buy - what's the real price in Poland?
Thread poster: Witold Chocholski
Witold Chocholski
Witold Chocholski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 14:56
English to Polish
+ ...
Jun 12, 2007

Hello

Can anyone explain to me one thing because I might be missing something. That's about the current Group Buy campaign for Trados 2007 Freelance.

The price is: EUR 595.

Below a remark: SDL prices according to buyer location. Prices in other currencies: £495, ¥95,000

And this makes a real difference! How should I know how much I am going to pay if I live and pay taxes in Poland?

Best regards
Witold

Witold Chocholski
Witold Chocholski  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
"Group Buy - what's the real price in Poland?" Jun 13, 2007

I got a reply to my email box but I can't see it here. Anyway, I have some more questions.

The reply is:
"As Poland's currency is the Euro, your price would be in
Euros. Do not convert other currencies as those prices are
constantly changing due to rise and fall in various currency
indexes. The other currencies listed are the GBP (british
pound) and the Japanese Yen. If you are buying from Poland
then your price would be 595 EUR plus VAT. "... See more
I got a reply to my email box but I can't see it here. Anyway, I have some more questions.

The reply is:
"As Poland's currency is the Euro, your price would be in
Euros. Do not convert other currencies as those prices are
constantly changing due to rise and fall in various currency
indexes. The other currencies listed are the GBP (british
pound) and the Japanese Yen. If you are buying from Poland
then your price would be 595 EUR plus VAT. "

Poland's currency is still Polish Zloty (PLN) not Euro.

As I can see, EUR 595 makes roughly GBP 402, not 495. It seems the British buy more expensive. The indexes are changing but not that much within a few days. Am I missing something?

The other thing is VAT. What VAT should I add to the price? The standard Polish rate is 22%.

Last but not least, am I going to get an invoice?

Thank you for the explanations.

Witold
Collapse

Noe Tessmann
Noe Tessmann  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
no VAT Jun 14, 2007

Hello Witold,

if you're independent and registered at your tax office you must have a European VAT number. You just tell them the number when ordering and you'll be exempted. If you don't run a business may there is no clue to buy a CAT tool.

Regards

Noe

[Edited at 2007-06-14 15:06]

juvera
juvera  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:56
English to Hungarian
+ ...
No VAT Jun 17, 2007

Noe Tessmann wrote:

if you're independent and registered at your tax office you must have a European VAT number.
Noe

Sorry Noe,

I am independent and pay UK taxes, but I don't have a European VAT number, I am not breaking any rules and I am not the only one in this situation.

You may have a VAT number, or you may not, depending on the country you pay your taxes in, your income level and on your clientele.
What you must have is the knowledge of the requirements in your country to be able to say "I must have a VAT number" or "I don't need a VAT number".

Regards
Judith

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Group Buy - what's the real price in Poland?

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »