Helene Martin-Hernandez
Helene Martin-Hernandez  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:59
English to French
+ ...
Jun 13, 2007

Hello!

I am working on a few .xml files with TagEditor (from English into French).

My client's instructions are to save the file as target when I have finished translating it, so this should give me a French .xml file. However, it's not working: this action creates an xml file, but when I try to open it, it gives me an error message where it says that there is a problem with a character, in this case a L'. Does this have something to do with the encoding? Or did I not
... See more
Hello!

I am working on a few .xml files with TagEditor (from English into French).

My client's instructions are to save the file as target when I have finished translating it, so this should give me a French .xml file. However, it's not working: this action creates an xml file, but when I try to open it, it gives me an error message where it says that there is a problem with a character, in this case a L'. Does this have something to do with the encoding? Or did I not follow the loading and saving processes correctly?
I have tried to do a quick translation with no accent or apostrophies, and it worked! Is there a setting in my computer that I should change?

Thank you in advance for your help and advice.

Helene

[Edited at 2007-06-13 10:32]
Collapse

Helene Martin-Hernandez
Helene Martin-Hernandez  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:59
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I found the answer Jun 13, 2007

Just in case somebody is interested, I found the solution: open the xml file with the notepad, change the encoding:UTF-8 to UTF-16, and save the file. That solves the problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Saving .xml as target not working - SDL Trados 2007

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »