Kristina Wolf  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 09:57
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Jun 17, 2007

Hi,

I work with Multiterm 6.2.0.287 and have reinstalled it after a hard disk crash. I still have all my termbases and have copied them from my backup, but don't know how to make Multiterm recognise them. I can open the projects, but it does not show the corresponding termbase in the list of termbases.

Thanks for your help

Kristina

Direct link Reply with quote

Heike Steffens  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:57
Italian to German
+ ...
re-attaching existing termbases Jun 17, 2007

Hi Kristina,

I hope I've understood correctly your problem and will try to explain the procedure how to reattach the existing termbases:

Termbase -> Attach External Termbase ... -> browse to the Termbase location and indicate a Termbase name -> OK

After that click Termbase - Open Termbase and your termbase should appear in the list.

HTH
Heike

Kristina Wolf  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 09:57
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no termbases Jun 18, 2007

Hi Heike,

thanks for the tip. However I can find no termbases, only other files show up. In the explorer I can see the project files, and files ending on .LOK, .mtw and .mta.

Kristina

I just realised that these are still Multiterm5 formats, so I need to use the converter. Will see if that works.

[Bearbeitet am 2007-06-18 08:27]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm - finding termbase after reinstallation

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search