Veronika Wagner
Veronika Wagner  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 08:56
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jun 17, 2007

Dear Colleagues,

at first I received this error message only when trying to open segments in titles, then for bullet point lists as well and now it appears even when I try to open some normal text segments.

It reads: Don't use ; as list separator in style name. Change in Control Panel/Regional Settings/Number.

Could anyone please give some more detailed guidance? I have no idea where to search for the indicated settings.

Thank you so much.
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

at first I received this error message only when trying to open segments in titles, then for bullet point lists as well and now it appears even when I try to open some normal text segments.

It reads: Don't use ; as list separator in style name. Change in Control Panel/Regional Settings/Number.

Could anyone please give some more detailed guidance? I have no idea where to search for the indicated settings.

Thank you so much.

Veronika
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Which operating system? Jun 17, 2007

Hi Veronika,
To give you a precise answer, one would need to know which operating system you're using.

Mind you, the solution has been described for various Windows versions - you may want to search this forum for "list separator".

Best regards,
Ralf

Martin Wenzel
Martin Wenzel
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Do what the error message tells you Jun 18, 2007

Veronika, it seems these days error messages are a lot more intelligent than they used to be.

It appears that your system does not like ; as a list separator, so put a fulstop instead, and see what happens.

Go as your are told: Control panel and click your way through (sorry I have the French operating system installed, so that won't help you a lot).

I found the list separator easily...Change the ";" to a " .", and you can always change it back later on i
... See more
Veronika, it seems these days error messages are a lot more intelligent than they used to be.

It appears that your system does not like ; as a list separator, so put a fulstop instead, and see what happens.

Go as your are told: Control panel and click your way through (sorry I have the French operating system installed, so that won't help you a lot).

I found the list separator easily...Change the ";" to a " .", and you can always change it back later on in case it didn't work.

This is just a suggestion, I don't know if it will work on your computer...

However, it's worth a try.
Collapse

Veronika Wagner
Veronika Wagner  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorted out, thanks Jun 19, 2007

Hi Ralf and Martin,

your encouragement was essential for the success, it made me believe that nothing impossible was expected from me:)
Thanks, have a great week.

Veronika

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

60015 error in Trados 6.5

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »