Thread poster: laurem
laurem
laurem  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 00:45
English to French
+ ...
Jun 17, 2007

Just about to clean up a file and here is the message I receive "Serveur a généré une exception".

Trados doesn't clean my doc. refuses to convert it into rtf.

Any idea what to do?

Martin Wenzel
Martin Wenzel
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Do you have a network version or a freelance version? Jun 18, 2007

I don't know about a network version, if the "server" refuses to do the clean-up.

However, if the most important thing for you is to have a cleaned up version to send the translation to your client, this is what you do...

Mark your word text. Select tools from within Word. Go to Macros and select this Macro:

tw4winClean.Main

This will clean up your document. In case you need a memory for your client. Winalign the original document and your cl
... See more
I don't know about a network version, if the "server" refuses to do the clean-up.

However, if the most important thing for you is to have a cleaned up version to send the translation to your client, this is what you do...

Mark your word text. Select tools from within Word. Go to Macros and select this Macro:

tw4winClean.Main

This will clean up your document. In case you need a memory for your client. Winalign the original document and your cleaned-up translation.

PS:

I hope your memory is still ok. If it is corrupted you can always export it and create and new memory...
Collapse

Heike Behl, Ph.D.
Heike Behl, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 23:45
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Try this: Jun 18, 2007

Exit Word completely. Also check in Windows Task Manager under Processes that Word has really been closed. Most likely, you'd still see it on the list of active processes. Click on End Process for Word. Try the clean-up again.

That's what usually does the trick for me.

alden translations
alden translations
Local time: 23:45
English to German
+ ...
same problem Jun 18, 2007

I have the same problem which doesn't get resolved even by trying the two suggestions above.

Any other suggestions?

laurem
laurem  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks... it worked Jun 21, 2007

Thanks Martin.

Did that and it's OK to send to the customer. Still don't understand what happended though as I don't have a network version.

Thanks a lot
Laurence

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Serveur a généré une exception

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »