Kristina Wolf  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 22:56
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Jun 18, 2007

Hi,

I have reinstalled multiterm after I had to replace my hard disk and have now found I can't find any termbases.
I originally upgraded from Multiterm 5 to Multiterm 6.2 and used Multiterm Convert for my existing databases.
I had a complete backup of all data and have restored that, but although I can see the project files I can't find any of my termbases. I have converted the old multiterm 5 databases again, but they are not up to date.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 13:56
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Look for files with names like mxw_??.mdb Jun 18, 2007

Once you have located them, you can start bringing them home by using "Load external Database" command in the file menu.

Theres other ways (shorter) to achieve this, but the main thing is to get it all back first.

Regards

Kristina Wolf  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 22:56
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
More questions Jun 20, 2007

First of all thanks for this, is has helped me find me data and work with it.
However I am quite confused as I originally (before the crash) I had created projects and attached termbases to them with certain names, but the names do not seem to be reflected in the mxw_??.mdb files. Is there a way of changing this in future?
Also, I have noticed that Multiterm seems to create new mxw_??.mdb files every time I open it and then save changes afterwards which I find strange.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm - termbases lost?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search