Translating Trados Tag Editor ttx files in Wordfast
Thread poster: lalala
lalala
Local time: 03:57
English
Jun 26, 2007

We have 14 files which our translator needs to translate. However, files have ext ".doc.ttx" and we think they are Trados 7 Tag Editor files. We got TRADOS TagEditor here. Unfortunetly our translator does not have Trados, but uses Wordfast. How can we convert these files into a format acceptable to Wordfast.

Many many thanks,

Direct link Reply with quote

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 04:57
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Heartsome XLIFF Editor will do, too Jun 26, 2007

lalala wrote:

We have 14 files which our translator needs to translate. However, files have ext ".doc.ttx" and we think they are Trados 7 Tag Editor files. We got TRADOS TagEditor here. Unfortunetly our translator does not have Trados, but uses Wordfast. How can we convert these files into a format acceptable to Wordfast.

Many many thanks,

I don't know about Wordfast, but Hearstome XLIFF Editor will do just as well and the translator can download a trial version which will work for a month.

Another tool with a free version and TTX support (although I did not test it) is MemoQ.

The translator could also download a trial version of Trados and translate these files in TagEditor without a Translation Memory, or maybe the TM will be small enough for demo mode.

HTH

Piotr

Sonja Tomaskovic  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TTXExpress Jun 26, 2007

You could try TTXExpress, which is a macro that converts TTX files to RTF (for use in Wordfast) and back, once the translation is complete.

You can find it here:
http://www.terminologymatters.com/macros.html

It should be added that TTXExpress may not be able to correctly convert all TTX files to RTF and back. You should therefore try it out first and see if it will work for you.

HTH.

Sonja

Wilmer Brouwer
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TTXpress Jun 28, 2007

Sonja Tomaskovic wrote:

You could try TTXExpress, which is a macro that converts TTX files to RTF (for use in Wordfast) and back, once the translation is complete.

You can find it here:
http://www.terminologymatters.com/macros.html

It should be added that TTXExpress may not be able to correctly convert all TTX files to RTF and back. You should therefore try it out first and see if it will work for you.

HTH.

Sonja

When I used TTXpress before I bought Trados I found that for some reason every file gave an error message the first two times I tried to convert it, but not the third time. So if it first gives an error message it might be worth it to keep trying.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating Trados Tag Editor ttx files in Wordfast

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search