Thread poster: Silvina Sorribas
Silvina Sorribas
Silvina Sorribas
Local time: 21:47
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 7, 2007

I have to make a QA to 2 split files in SDL. It was a unique file that was split in 2 to be translated by two translators at the same time due to tight time frame and length and file. We had to follow a glossary and reference material.
So now I have the two split files ready and translated and want to make a QA Review of them. In SDL there is an option that it QA check for reviewing incomplete translations, inconsistencies, etc. When I tried to browse the files (0001 & 002) just to start t
... See more
I have to make a QA to 2 split files in SDL. It was a unique file that was split in 2 to be translated by two translators at the same time due to tight time frame and length and file. We had to follow a glossary and reference material.
So now I have the two split files ready and translated and want to make a QA Review of them. In SDL there is an option that it QA check for reviewing incomplete translations, inconsistencies, etc. When I tried to browse the files (0001 & 002) just to start the QA process (File List > Add Selection) and click Check there is a message that says:
No log file has been entered. The QA process can not continue without a valid log file being specified.

Anybody oo you have ever used this option and could advice me accordingly about what I am doing wrong please?

Thanks so much in advance! I really need any wise word.

Best regards and nice weekend!

Silvina
Collapse

Claudia Digel
Claudia Digel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:47
English to German
+ ...
Specify a log file on the Options tab Jul 8, 2007

Hi Silvina,

You just need to specify a log file on the Options tab (at the bottom of the tab under Filename). All issues that are found during the QA process will be logged there.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Claudia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

QA Check Feature in SDL

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »