Thread poster: Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:20
English to French
+ ...
Jul 9, 2007

This is a very annoying problem I had today and I was able to reproduce it several times in a row. I looked on SDL's website, and not only was there no mention of this problem, there also didn't seem to be a way for me to report this there (unless I have a paid support agreement, which I don't).

I open Synergy to create a project and walk through the steps "as usual". When I get to the project creation wizard's page which asks me if I want to assign a termbase to my project, I click
... See more
This is a very annoying problem I had today and I was able to reproduce it several times in a row. I looked on SDL's website, and not only was there no mention of this problem, there also didn't seem to be a way for me to report this there (unless I have a paid support agreement, which I don't).

I open Synergy to create a project and walk through the steps "as usual". When I get to the project creation wizard's page which asks me if I want to assign a termbase to my project, I click Add, and then, briefly, another dialog box appears with my list of existing TDBs - and then, I get a fatal error message and Synergy closes. No explanation, just a simple message saying Synergy has to close. Also, when this happens, I can see that my list of TDBs is far from complete, even though all of them are version 7 (or 2006) TDBs. That is also strange...

Anybody has had this problem? Know the solution? Anybody has seen a posting on this by SDL? So far, it looks like it's impossible to assign a TDB to a project, so it looks a lot like a bug. I am just surprised I haven't found anything similar to my complaint elsewhere...

I am not going to go out of the way to contact SDL about this, so if anyone knows a good method to let them know about this that will not have me waste too much time (it's already annoying enough having to assign my license file each time I start the program), please let me know.

I waited until today to install this because I expected things like this to happen and wanted to wait for a stable release - but I have so many issues with this so far that I doubt that a reasonably stable release of SDL Trados 2007 will arrive before 2008...

Thanks!
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:20
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
The same problem here Jul 9, 2007

So I just created projects without assigning MT termbases.
As I do those projects for myself and don't need to send them away, I found this not that big problem.

Nevertheless, I would tell the support that.
Jerzy

Sofie
Sofie
France
German to Dutch
+ ...
Synergy closes when assigning a terminology base Mar 29, 2009

Hello,

I think I have the same problem, so I wondered if you found a solution in the mean time ?

(Thank you Jerzy for the temporary solution !! It worked finally this way.)

So when I create a new project in SDL Trados Synergy, and I come to the step "Bases terminologiques", Synergy closes suddenly once I push the button "Ajouter".

Synergy also always proposes (and searches) the remote termbases, before proposing my local termbases. So I wondere
... See more
Hello,

I think I have the same problem, so I wondered if you found a solution in the mean time ?

(Thank you Jerzy for the temporary solution !! It worked finally this way.)

So when I create a new project in SDL Trados Synergy, and I come to the step "Bases terminologiques", Synergy closes suddenly once I push the button "Ajouter".

Synergy also always proposes (and searches) the remote termbases, before proposing my local termbases. So I wondered if I can change this and if this could be the cause of the problem.

Thanks to all,
Sofie
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
No solution so far Mar 30, 2009

Nothing has changed for me in fact.

Sorry
Best regards
Jerzy

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Used to have the same problem Mar 30, 2009

Tried to re-register everything a hundred times: to no avail. Tried re-installing. The same result.
Re-install my WinXP. Voila! Everything was working all of a sudden.
Well, I don't expect you folks to apply such a drastic cure, but I couldn't find any other solutions. Except not using Synergy, of course...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Synergy suddenly closes when I try to assign a TDB to a project

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »