Rebeca Larios
Rebeca Larios  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 23:24
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
Jul 12, 2007

Help!!!

I'm working on a large project, I've already imported my tag definitions with the wizard, but when I try to open the target language file it says something like "unknown character" for accent marks and "eñes" - which settings do I have to change to get my characters???

Gracias!!

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:24
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Please try to modify the entity settings in your ini file Jul 12, 2007

However, your customer should provide you with the valid ini or dtd file.
Creating your own using the wizzard is some sort of last ressort when you have nothing else, but gives you no guarantee everything will work as you expect it to work.
If your customer has privided you with the ini file, ask him - he should know or be able to fix it.
Fixing it is not obvious and not easy, if you do not know how xml works. This is in fact not the job of a translator.

Regards... See more
However, your customer should provide you with the valid ini or dtd file.
Creating your own using the wizzard is some sort of last ressort when you have nothing else, but gives you no guarantee everything will work as you expect it to work.
If your customer has privided you with the ini file, ask him - he should know or be able to fix it.
Fixing it is not obvious and not easy, if you do not know how xml works. This is in fact not the job of a translator.

Regards
Jerzy
Collapse

Rebeca Larios
Rebeca Larios  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 23:24
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
:( Jul 13, 2007

I tried adding the unicode characters myself... but it didn't work either... the problem seem to be the words with accent marks or with letter "ñ", Is it possible that there is an easy way to make my target file work?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spanish characters for XML files in Tag Editor

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »