https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/79328-sdl_trados_2006%3A_where_to_find_sdlx.html

SDL Trados 2006: Where to find SDLX
Thread poster: Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:54
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Jul 22, 2007

Dear colleagues,

I understand that my license of SDL Trados 2006 comprises SDLX. However, I am unable to find the software, neither in the downloaded files, nor on the SDL support site (under "My Downloads").
I'd be grateful for any hints about where to find/how to install it.

Many thanks in advance,
kind regards,
Erik

Mihai Badea (X)
Mihai Badea (X)  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
English to Romanian
+ ...
Installing SDLX 2006 Jul 22, 2007

Hi Erik,

As far as I know, there is one single installation kit for both Trados and SDLX. After you click the start.exe file you should see this screen . If you click “Install Software”, you should see this screen . Then, you can click "Install SDLX 2006" and the installation should start.<
... See more
Hi Erik,

As far as I know, there is one single installation kit for both Trados and SDLX. After you click the start.exe file you should see this screen . If you click “Install Software”, you should see this screen . Then, you can click "Install SDLX 2006" and the installation should start.

I hope this helps.

Mihai

[Edited at 2007-07-22 18:49]
Collapse

Erik Freitag
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still no SDLX Jul 22, 2007

Dear Mihai,

Thank you very much for your respone. However, the files I have ("SDLTrados2006_Freelance_CP2") directly start installing Trados. The "My Download" section shows only Trados/Multiterm-related Files. I can't find anything like "start.exe".

Any other ideas?

Kind regards,
Erik

Mihai Badea (X)
Mihai Badea (X)  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
English to Romanian
+ ...
Installing SDLX 2006 Jul 22, 2007

"SDLTrados2006_Freelance_CP2" is a cumulative patch. The installation kit is "SDLTrados2006_FL_756" . If you unzip it, you should find the start.exe file in the resulting "SDLTrados2006_FL_756" folder.

[Edited at 2007-07-22 19:41]

Erik Freitag
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jul 22, 2007

Dear Mihai,

Thank you very much, that was it! Problem solved, great!

Kind regards,
Erik

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2006: Where to find SDLX

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »