Trados randomly wrecks my Word formatting
Thread poster: Colin Ryan

Colin Ryan  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:18
Italian to English
+ ...
Jul 24, 2007

I'm translating a Word document in Trados (not using TagEditor) and every time I open a TU, or close a TU, the font gets changed and sometimes the sentence is put in bold or italic or even lowercase/uppercase!!! This also happens to the PREVIOUS TU and the NEXT TU (but not always...)

It is driving me nuts! If I translate this exact same file on another machine, there is no problem. So it must be the setup on this machine. But what is the magic setting? I am using Word 2003 and Trados 7.5.

Colm

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Styles again Jul 24, 2007

Or missing fonts on your machine.
Please be so kind and use the search on this forum (I moved the topic to SDL Trados Technical Help forum, where you are kindly asked to post such topics in the future).
Similar topics has been discussed here numerous times.
It is almost always something with the styles in the document, so this is what you should check first.

Jerzy

Direct link Reply with quote

Colin Ryan  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry... Jul 24, 2007

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Or missing fonts on your machine.
Please be so kind and use the search on this forum (I moved the topic to SDL Trados Technical Help forum, where you are kindly asked to post such topics in the future).