Maria San Martin
Maria San Martin  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:42
Member (2003)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 26, 2007

Hello everybody,

I am having a problem with SDLX (latest version that comes with Trados 8.0). I have a TM already created in SDLX (*.mdb).

When I try to import it into SDLX editor a message appears: "problems occurred with the following translation memories": Languages not supported.

How can it be that the languages are not supported if the language combination of the TM I am importing is the same as the language I want to work in SDLX editor?

... See more
Hello everybody,

I am having a problem with SDLX (latest version that comes with Trados 8.0). I have a TM already created in SDLX (*.mdb).

When I try to import it into SDLX editor a message appears: "problems occurred with the following translation memories": Languages not supported.

How can it be that the languages are not supported if the language combination of the TM I am importing is the same as the language I want to work in SDLX editor?

I have tried creating a new SDLX TM and importing the .*txt file I got last time I exported the TM and the same message appears.

I am sure I have configured the TM for the same language combination of the file I am trying to import, but I am still in the same situation.

Some hint??

Thanks a lott!

Maria
Collapse

Maria San Martin
Member (2003)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How to change the language properties in a SDLX file Jul 26, 2007

Dear Colleagues,

I have realised I got a file in Georgian!! instead of German.
In properties (Locale in SDLX) it appears Georgian.

I realised when trying to convert it into Tageditor.

Of course, the German TM didn´t match the document´s language.

BUT

How can I change the language properties in a SDLX *.itd file?

Many thanks to those who can solve this mystery,

Maria

Claudia Digel
Claudia Digel  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Use Utilities Jul 27, 2007

Hi Maria,

How can I change the language properties in a SDLX *.itd file?

You will need to use the Utilities module to change languages. In the SDLX Switchboard, click on Utilities. Select the Change languages tab in the dialog box, add a file and check Change source language or Change targtet language (depending on which language you want to change). Choose the correct language and click OK.

HTH

Best regards,
Claudia

Maria San Martin
Member (2003)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Exactly! Jul 27, 2007

Thank you Claudia,

I managed to find it out by myself yesterday really late at night

That´s exactly how it works, I got to change the source language without any problems, just the way you explain,

So, thanks a lott!

Maria

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with SDLX: "languages not supported"

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »