https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/80992-no_translated_text_appears_in_sdl_trados.html

No translated text appears in SDL trados
Thread poster: Clelia Tarasco
Clelia Tarasco
Clelia Tarasco  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:41
English to Italian
In memoriam
Aug 10, 2007

Dear All
I had a problem involving SDL Trados and then Word (The Trados tool bar had disapeared and when I opened a Word doc. I got a message "Run time error 5"
I could work with Trados using the keyboard, however
Now I installed Word again and the Trados tool bar is again there but.............when I close a tag I can see only the source and the translation is not saved
At the end I only get the original file and if I open it again with Trados no translation has been sav
... See more
Dear All
I had a problem involving SDL Trados and then Word (The Trados tool bar had disapeared and when I opened a Word doc. I got a message "Run time error 5"
I could work with Trados using the keyboard, however
Now I installed Word again and the Trados tool bar is again there but.............when I close a tag I can see only the source and the translation is not saved
At the end I only get the original file and if I open it again with Trados no translation has been saved
Who can help me?
Thanks
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Which command do you use to close the segment and move to another one? Aug 10, 2007

Please tell us that exactly here.

Jeerzy

Ramon Somoza
Ramon Somoza  Identity Verified
Spain
Dutch to Spanish
+ ...
Have a look at the hidden text Aug 10, 2007

Open the file in Word and then goto Tools/Options. Mark "Show hidden text".

Trados stores the source and target text in the following way:

{ 0 > Original text < }97{ > Translated text < 0 }

(The curly brackets and greter/less than signs do not have spaces, but I am not able to publish them like that here). The original text and the markers are in hidden font, the translated text is always visible. (The number at the center may vary)

If you cann
... See more
Open the file in Word and then goto Tools/Options. Mark "Show hidden text".

Trados stores the source and target text in the following way:

{ 0 > Original text < }97{ > Translated text < 0 }

(The curly brackets and greter/less than signs do not have spaces, but I am not able to publish them like that here). The original text and the markers are in hidden font, the translated text is always visible. (The number at the center may vary)

If you cannot see anything like this, then you are not translating anything, so you may have to re-install Trados and perhaps even Word. If you have any other results please post them here and we'll see what we can do.

[Editado a las 2007-08-10 11:52]
Collapse

Clelia Tarasco
Clelia Tarasco  Identity Verified
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Thanks Aug 21, 2007

Thanks to both of you and sorry for not answering soon
I left for a short holiday and now I fixed the problem
Have a nice day

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No translated text appears in SDL trados

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »