Margarita Pavón-Mestras
Margarita Pavón-Mestras  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:13
Dutch to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 21, 2007

Hello:
I have recently acquired and installed SDL Trados 2007.
My OS: Windows XP
My Office version: XP

Since I completed this installation, every time I start MS Word, I get an error message:
"System error &H8007007E (-2147024770). The specified module could not be found"
When I click "OK", then the following error appears:
"Compile error in hidden module: AutoExec"
Then I click "OK" again, MS Word starts correctly, but it won't allow me to
... See more
Hello:
I have recently acquired and installed SDL Trados 2007.
My OS: Windows XP
My Office version: XP

Since I completed this installation, every time I start MS Word, I get an error message:
"System error &H8007007E (-2147024770). The specified module could not be found"
When I click "OK", then the following error appears:
"Compile error in hidden module: AutoExec"
Then I click "OK" again, MS Word starts correctly, but it won't allow me to work with Trados.

Initially, these 2 errors where appearing twice in a row. Then I moved the Multiterm template file out of the Startup folder of MS Word, and now it only happens once, so it seems that the error has to do with the templates. If I deactivate also the Trados8.dot, then I get no more errors, but obviously I cannot work with SDL Trados anymore...and I need it!!

I previously had SDL Trados 7.1 and it was working all fine. Now I can only use TagEditor, but I need to work on Word as well.
Before installing 2007, I uninstalled completely 7.1, so no interferences are causing this.

What can I do? How can I solve this problem? Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks!
Margarita
(Spain)
Collapse

Annelise Meyer
Annelise Meyer  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Might be caused by the Normal.dot template Aug 21, 2007

Hi Margarita,
I checked the sdl support site and here is what I found about the secodn error message :

SYMPTOMS

After installing TRADOS Translator's Workbench, the error message Compile error in hidden module: AutoExec is shown when launching and closing Microsoft Word. This error message comes from the Visual Basic for Applications component.

Error String: Compile error in hidden module: AutoExec

EXPLANATION

One of the p
... See more
Hi Margarita,
I checked the sdl support site and here is what I found about the secodn error message :

SYMPTOMS

After installing TRADOS Translator's Workbench, the error message Compile error in hidden module: AutoExec is shown when launching and closing Microsoft Word. This error message comes from the Visual Basic for Applications component.

Error String: Compile error in hidden module: AutoExec

EXPLANATION

One of the possible causes of this error may be a damaged Word document template Normal.dot. Recreating it from scratch can help in these situations.

STEPS

Exit Microsoft Word, if it is running.
Find the file Normal.dot, by default located in the C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates folder.
Rename it to Normal.old or similar.
The next time Word is launched it will create a new copy of the Normal.dot file.

Maybe you could try to re-create the Normal.dot template as instructed, before re-attaching the Trados templates in Word. Hope it helps.

Annelise
Collapse

Margarita Pavón-Mestras
Spain
Dutch to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Just tried but doesn't work... Aug 21, 2007

Annelise, many thanks for your answer... unfortunately I have tried but it still does not work...

Steven Capsuto
Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:13
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Which did you install first? Aug 21, 2007

For Trados to work with Word, you have to install Word first and then Trados. Is that the order in which you performed the installation?

Margarita Pavón-Mestras
Spain
Dutch to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Office in fact was already installed. Aug 21, 2007

Hi Steven,
Yes I did...I already had Office installed.
In fact I've been using Trados since 2000 and this update is the first time I get this error
Thanks for taking some time to help me...!
Margarita

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2007: Just installed and cannot use it with MS Word

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »