Thread poster: Dolores Gadler

Dolores Gadler  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 15:03
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 23, 2007

Hi,

I am planning to buy Trados 2007 this month, and I have also decided to buy a new computer. My question is: Can I install Trados on the old PC and, once I have got the new one, re-install it there, or will I have to use it on the old PC only?

Thanks for you help,

Dolores

Direct link Reply with quote

Salam Alrawi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:03
English to Arabic
+ ...
Demo on the second PC Aug 23, 2007

I didn't buy TRADOS before, but I tried the trial version, anyway when I read the manual it says that you can install it whereever you want, but if you run it on a PC then you try to run it on the other PC too then it will run in demo on the second PC, so it is really depend on where you will put you liscence number or code or whatever, my advice for you is to try to read the manual it is really of lots of help,
anyway this is what I understood,

you still can wait for other replies and congradulation in advance for TRADOS, I think it is really a good tool,

Best regards,
Dr. Salam

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You can install it on the new PC Aug 23, 2007

Then you will need to give back the license from the old PC. To do so, go to Help - About - License Manager. Then click View activated licenses. Select the license and click Return license.
After that you can register your new copy of Trados on the new PC - go to your account on SDL webpage, where your license will be shown.

That's all
Jerzy

Dolores Gadler  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Very clear reply on how to install it Aug 23, 2007

Thank you for your help. I was afraid of not being able to re-install it on the new PC. So then, I can go ahead and buy it.

Cheers,

Dolores

Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:03
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Interesting... Aug 23, 2007

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Then you will need to give back the license from the old PC. To do so, go to Help - About - License Manager. Then click View activated licenses. Select the license and click Return license.
After that you can register your new copy of Trados on the new PC - go to your account on SDL webpage, where your license will be shown.

So does this mean that the current post-dongle Trados won't run on a stand-alone machine, since the license needs to authenticate online?

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Exactly - you have one or two licenses, activated online Aug 23, 2007

so you can run the softwarte for example on you dekstop and notebook.
In the Freelance the network limitation (only one active Workbench on the network at the time) still applies.

Best regards
Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL TRADOS 2007 Re-install it on new PC

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search