Thread poster: Daniela Guanipa

Daniela Guanipa  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:10
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 30, 2007

Hi,

I just got a new computer with Vista and new license of SDL Trados 2007 3 days ago.

I am currently working on a project in Excel, so I started by using the TagEditor. It was working just fine, for about 20 segments, then I started noticing that every time it would find a match (whether fuzzy or exact), it will space out words. So if text was supposed to read: "the red house", it will add a tab or two between words, and everytime it finds the same segment the space keeps growing until TagEditor crashes and so does Workbench. I have tried pretty much EVERYTHING, from opening a new memory and playing with it, to ignoring the "external tabs", and it is beyond me what's going on.

I am fairly desperate since I need to complete part of this project by Friday and my backup computer is with the technician. PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks so much!

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:10
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Try to make Tageditor window smaller Aug 30, 2007

If your problem is somehow similar to what I have, moving the right side of TE window approx. 1 inch from the screen border on the right side by resizing the TE window and thus making it smaller helped.
But if Workbench is keeping inserting tabs, where they weren't, that's strange. OTOH there are AFAIR NO tabs in Excel files.

Jerzy

United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks and clarification Aug 30, 2007

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

If your problem is somehow similar to what I have, moving the right side of TE window approx. 1 inch from the screen border on the right side by resizing the TE window and thus making it smaller helped.
But if Workbench is keeping inserting tabs, where they weren't, that's strange. OTOH there are AFAIR NO tabs in Excel files.

Jerzy

Jerzy,

Thanks so much for your response. The problem seems to be that the space keeps growing not only on the screen, but also in the TM, which I think is what is making Workbench and TE crash.
Your reply made me remember I forgot to mention that the external tabs that seem to be creating the problem are "breaks". There are no tabs in these docs.

Thanks for your help!

Daniela

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:10
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Could you please make a screen shot and send me? Aug 30, 2007

When the problem occurs, press the "Print" key on your keyboard, open a new Word document, press CTRL+V and save it. Send this to info at doku minus trans dot de

Jerzy

lizh
Local time: 17:10
French to English
Was there a resolution to this? Oct 2, 2007

Hi

I'm having exactly the same problem here. Did you find out how to fix it or what was going wrong?

Thanks.

United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution from SDL Tech Support Oct 4, 2007

lizh wrote:

Hi

I'm having exactly the same problem here. Did you find out how to fix it or what was going wrong?

Thanks.

Here is what the Tech Support Rep from SDL instructed me to do and it worked like a charm! I hope it helps.

Go to: Start > All Programs > SDL International > Filters > Filter settings

Click the " Excel 2000-2003 " Tab

Click the " Display formatting and font mapping " sub menu

Uncheck " Show display formatting "

Click the " Segmentation " Tab

Uncheck " Segment after breaks "

Save these options and try the file again

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor/Workbench keep crashing

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search