Compatibility Trados 7.5. Word 2007
Thread poster: Peter WILHELM

Peter WILHELM  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:29
English to German
+ ...
Aug 30, 2007

Does anybody use Trados 7.5 together with Word 2007 and Microsoft Office Multi-Language Pack 2007? Are there any compatibility problems? Would like to know before buying.

Nizamettin Yigit  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 07:29
Dutch to Turkish
+ ...
You may have problems Aug 30, 2007

Hi,

After reminder of fellow Turkish translator,
http://www.proz.com/topic/75016

I did not install my newly bought SDL TRADOS 2007 into a Vista PC. Instead I ordered a PC with WinXP-OfficeXP. And later I managed to find and buy a copy of Proofing Tools for Office 2003.

He suggested to stay awayicon_smile.gif
I did not go into details of the problems. I can not say that it is certain. I dont have experience in that combination but I used my gut feeling and stayed away from the possiblity of running into problems

Good luck

Nizam

English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What's Trados 2007? Aug 31, 2007

Thank you, Nizam. I've never heard of Trados 2007. Should I have updated from 7.5? Never got an offer.

Nizamettin Yigit  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 07:29
Dutch to Turkish
+ ...
Here is the link Aug 31, 2007

I have a free lance version of it.
http://www.sdl.com/en/products/products-index/sdl-trados/default.asp

Annelise Meyer  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Versions Aug 31, 2007

Peter WILHELM wrote:

Thank you, Nizam. I've never heard of Trados 2007. Should I have updated from 7.5? Never got an offer.

Hi Peter,
SDL Trados 2007 is the pack containing SDLX 2007 and Trados 8.0, released shortly. If you already have the 7.5 version, I don't think it is worth paying for an update so soon, considering that there are not many differences between both versions.

Cheers

English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot Aug 31, 2007

Many thanks to all for your tips. So I immedialtely uninstalled Office 2007 put it in a drawer and wait till next year. I don't want to have a new Vista, Office, Multi-Language-Pack AND Trados at the same time.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Compatibility Trados 7.5. Word 2007

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search