Trados FL2007 build 822 not launching
Thread poster: François Rossi

François Rossi  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:44
English to French
+ ...
Aug 31, 2007

I'm on XP SP2 and Office 2003 with all updates as of 30/08/07.

Installed the latest version of Trados Freelance 2007 -> OK
Registered FL2007 via online activation -> OK
Launch either Workbench or WinAlign -> NOT OK

Nothing seems to work. The process is listed in Task Manager/Processes but there is no program window and the program isn't listed in Task Manager/Applications.

SDL's customer service website is not responding right now.

Does anyone know of a fix for this problem ?

Thanks for your help.

François Rossi  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:44
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Working after all Aug 31, 2007

OK, FL2007 is working. The problem is that it takes 2 minutes 45 seconds or so to launch and display the application window. This is on a P4 3.2.

So if you have the same problem, feeling that Trados doesn't launch, just wait a while.

I must admit that 2mn45 feels like a long time when you're in front of your screen waiting !

Annelise Meyer  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:44
English to French
+ ...
How patient you are Aug 31, 2007

Frankly, I think I'd go mad waiting for the application to start for so long! And how is it working now, fairly OK? I don't know a lot about processors, only that I use a Core 2 duo and that it just changed my life. Maybe you could use one?

Good luckicon_smile.gif

Annelise

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados FL2007 build 822 not launching

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search