Difference analysis on new computer
Thread poster: Peter WILHELM

Peter WILHELM  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:13
English to German
+ ...
Sep 4, 2007

I analysed my job after having moved it on my new computer. Suddendly there are more no matches, less repetitions and fuzzies.
TM, TTX and INI are the same. Are there other settings influencing the analysis?

Direct link Reply with quote

Boris Kimel  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:13
English to Russian
+ ...
Analysis differences Sep 4, 2007

Just another case report - this probably would not be of much help. I know there are Trados options I've never explored, but I did not change these ever too. There are e.g. some "filter settings" for the curious ones, perhaps.

While analysing a piece of text with my colleagues we got three different analyses using three different Trados versions (7.0, 7.5 and mine 2007). The latest Trados version has shown the smallest overall income, finding more matches. And the sources were just some HTML files. We decided to use the analysis provided by the customer that time.

English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, the setup options Sep 4, 2007

Thank you Boris. Of course there are the setup settings in Workbench, but I can't find considerable differences.

So there are things one has to live with. It's like in politics. Some have Bushes, other Putins and we have Calmy-Rey.

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 11:13
Spanish
+ ...
Penalties Sep 4, 2007

Hello Peter,

Have you checked if the settings in the Penalty tab are the same in both computers? Maybe that's what's causing both analysis to be so different.

English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Penalties, of course. Sep 4, 2007

Thanks, Claudia. I'll have a look there too.

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 19:13
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
I am more lucky Sep 4, 2007

usually my analysis gets the same result as the file the customer send me. Now I wonder why

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Difference analysis on new computer

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search