Eloïse Notet  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:16
Member (2005)
German to French
+ ...
Sep 13, 2007

Hello!

I am translating an indesign-file (.)inx that I have converted in Tag-editor. After some pages translated, I tried to convert the file back in Indesign, in order to see if it works or not.. and naturally, it doesn't work!

I obtain the message above.

I have seen a lot of forums on google about this error message, but did not find out how to resolve it (I am not a developper and don't understand their language!!). I only know it is a problem of memory size, but where??!

Who can help me??

Thanks in advance

Eloïse, disappointed :S

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxOptiproz Pri
English
Already in the KB of SDL Sep 13, 2007

Dear Enotet

There is a knowledgebase article at the support portal of SDL:

Error String: Error "(-2147467259): java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" opening large INX file in TagEditor

To enable TagEditor to handle large INX files, please apply this solution.

1. Find file PluginFileFilterDefinitions.xml in C:\Program Files\SDL International\T2006\TT folder (the path may vary depending on the version and edition of the SDL Trados product).
2. Open the file in a text editor, such as WordPad or TextPad.
3. Under the tag and above the series of entries add the following set of definitions that would set the size of Heap space.

-Xms128m
-Xmx256m

4. Save the file and try opening the INX file again.
5. If it is still not enough, you can increase the size of Heap space further by changing the value of attributes:
-Xms256m
-Xmx512m
This size, however, would require at least 1GB of RAM.

Regards

Eloïse Notet  Identity Verified
France
Member (2005)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I know.. Sep 13, 2007

I opened it

But I don't understand everything.. and do not find the required files..

Thanks you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

java.lang.outofmemoryerror: java heap space

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search