Millan Gonzalez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:03
Member (2006)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 13, 2007

Hi there,

I am translating a big file in Tageditor, an inx.ttx, created in InDesing, and suddenly, I am at the middle of the document and I get an error 40007, Tageditor closes and I can't retrieve the document. The TM seems to be ok, but not the .ttx...

Any idea about this?

Thank you all,

Best regards,

Direct link Reply with quote

Anette Herbert  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:03
English to Swedish
+ ...
Windows can't find the file? Sep 13, 2007

The same thing happened to me yesterday, and I was told by a colleague that it is an error message from Windows saying it can't retrieve the file.

I used TE and when that crashed TW opens the previously used memory so I could not translate the original file again.

I found the right memory and translated the original file again and problem was solved.

Have you tried translating the original file again? Maybe you saved your file in the wrong destination when you were translating.

Good luck!

//Anette

xxxOptiproz Pri
English
Try this... maybe it helps Sep 13, 2007

Open the original source file again in TagEditor and use the same translation memory.

Now run Translate to Fuzzy command to re-apply translation. Then save it as new bilingual TTX file.

Maybe this helps.

Regards

Millan Gonzalez  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2006)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
C++ Runtime error Sep 13, 2007

I'll try to describe the problem more precisely:

I get always to the same point in the translation, applying the translate to fuzzy and so on...

Then I get an error message of "C++ Runtime error", Tageditor closes and the, when I try to open the .ttx, I get the "40007: Error reading TTX file: The input ended before all started tags were ended. Last tag started was 'Tu'"...

Any idea about it??

Thanks!!

Wilmer Brouwer
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TTXpress Sep 13, 2007

Millan Gonzalez wrote:

I'll try to describe the problem more precisely:

I get always to the same point in the translation, applying the translate to fuzzy and so on...

Then I get an error message of "C++ Runtime error", Tageditor closes and the, when I try to open the .ttx, I get the "40007: Error reading TTX file: The input ended before all started tags were ended. Last tag started was 'Tu'"...

Any idea about it??

Thanks!!

Perhaps you could try to open the file in word with TTXpress and see what is wrong with it? Did you try skipping the segment that gives you problems? Or starting somewhere after the segment with the problem?

Ramon Somoza  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2002)
Dutch to Spanish
+ ...
Either corrupted or too big Sep 16, 2007

The higher Trados versions seem to have problems with big files, apparently they run out of memory. It has occurred to be on more than one occasion, though not with the Tageditor.

But it may well be that the file has been somehow corrupted. I suggest that you take the original file, make a copy and start translating it automatically with the TM... that will fix the corruption.

HOWEVER, while you are doing this stop the automatic translation from time to time (click on the Workbench, and it will stop), close the current segment, save and close and reopen Tageditor, then continue with the automatic translation. There must be memory leaks somewhere, when working with big files Trados runs continuously out of memory - however if you save, close Trados and Restart from the place you were it seems to work.

Hope this helps.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error 40007 in Tageditor

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search