TRADOS:Translated units cannot be found
Thread poster: zazounette
zazounette
English to Italian
Sep 13, 2007

Hi!
I'm working with Trados TM 6.5 and Word 2003 and I have recently encountered serious trouble with the workbench and translation memory (TM). Translated units appear, at first glance, to be saved, but when I check the Word document -usually the following day- THE TRANSLATED UNITS CANNOT BE FOUND ANY MORE, neither in the workbench, nor in the translation memory. When I make an export, I can only refind those units in a file.txt.
Does anybody have an idea or clue how to solve this problem, or where the source of the problem may come from?
Thankful for every concrete hint - thanks in advance!

Sandra

Direct link Reply with quote

Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 04:47
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
hidden text? Sep 13, 2007

Perhaps the translated text is "hidden", which means it's there in your document but you cannot see it.

Try this:
In Word, open Tools - Settings - Display tab. In the 2nd part of this tab you can see "Hidden text". Make sure it's selected. Press OK.

In this way you should be able to see all text, source and target both included.

I do not have any explanation why the supposedly translated segments cannot be found in your TM.

cs.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS:Translated units cannot be found

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search