Dahsom Hamilton, Ph.D.
Dahsom Hamilton, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:47
Member (2006)
English to Korean
+ ...
Sep 18, 2007

When I ordered 2007 SDL Trados Professional, I was charged for Tech Suport Level 1. $250

I asked for refund. That was 3 weeks ago. So far, no luck.

I posted this complaint here and was promised that Proz will resolve the problem. But, Proz staff is not replying to my email either.

Did anybody else have this terrible exerience? Any suggestion on what to do?

I've wasted so much time trying to get my money back for something tha I never ord
... See more
When I ordered 2007 SDL Trados Professional, I was charged for Tech Suport Level 1. $250

I asked for refund. That was 3 weeks ago. So far, no luck.

I posted this complaint here and was promised that Proz will resolve the problem. But, Proz staff is not replying to my email either.

Did anybody else have this terrible exerience? Any suggestion on what to do?

I've wasted so much time trying to get my money back for something tha I never ordered!
Collapse

Drew MacFadyen
Drew MacFadyen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:47
Spanish to English
+ ...
I have contacted SDL representatives again on your behalf Sep 18, 2007

Michelle, Kasia and I did responded to your email on 9-11-07, and at that time SDL indicated that the refund process does sometimes take a bit of time. I am sorry to hear that a refund still has not been put through.

I have contacted SDL representatives again on your behalf and asked for this issue to be resolved immediately.

I will contact you via email to let you know when this will be resolved and your monies refunded.

Regards,

Drew MacF
... See more
Michelle, Kasia and I did responded to your email on 9-11-07, and at that time SDL indicated that the refund process does sometimes take a bit of time. I am sorry to hear that a refund still has not been put through.

I have contacted SDL representatives again on your behalf and asked for this issue to be resolved immediately.

I will contact you via email to let you know when this will be resolved and your monies refunded.

Regards,

Drew MacFadyen

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-09-19 00:46]
Collapse

Drew MacFadyen
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Refund submitted today 9-19-07 Sep 19, 2007

SDL representatives indicated that a refund was processed today Wednesday 9/19/07. Please let me know if that is not the case. Again, so sorry for the delays and inconvenience you experienced in rectifying this situation.

Regards,

Drew MacFadyen

Dahsom Hamilton, Ph.D.
United States
Member (2006)
English to Korean
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
So far, no refund. I'll keep checking. Sep 19, 2007

Thanks for your reply. I just checked with my credit card company.

So far, no credit has been posted. I'm hoping that it will happen today or tomorrow. I've wasted so much time already on this.

Dahsom Hamilton, Ph.D.
United States
Member (2006)
English to Korean
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No Refund yet. My License appears to have been deactivated to boot!! Sep 22, 2007

I not only have not received the refund for tech support I yet, when I went to my license page at Trados site, it seems like my license was de-activated.

I was getting message in Trados saying that I was running a demo mode, I reactivated my license several times but still got same error.

According to the suggestion from the support page, I tried to return the license file so that I could re-generate the license file but I didn't have that option.

No licens
... See more
I not only have not received the refund for tech support I yet, when I went to my license page at Trados site, it seems like my license was de-activated.

I was getting message in Trados saying that I was running a demo mode, I reactivated my license several times but still got same error.

According to the suggestion from the support page, I tried to return the license file so that I could re-generate the license file but I didn't have that option.

No license file was available!

I've a large project and I'm losing time like this. Help!!!
Collapse

Drew MacFadyen
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Support charge refund Sep 24, 2007

Michelle I am sorry to hear that you continue to experience problems with this situation. Please keep in mind that ProZ.com does not process any payments or refunds related to the Group Buy program, our role is to give our members a way to gather as a group for the discounted purchase that we have negotiated. Although it is not our role, I have been in contact with SDL on your behalf numerous times to try and resolve this for you. I have been in contact with a senior manager today to discuss ... See more
Michelle I am sorry to hear that you continue to experience problems with this situation. Please keep in mind that ProZ.com does not process any payments or refunds related to the Group Buy program, our role is to give our members a way to gather as a group for the discounted purchase that we have negotiated. Although it is not our role, I have been in contact with SDL on your behalf numerous times to try and resolve this for you. I have been in contact with a senior manager today to discuss resolution and the indication I have gotten is that SDL will resolve this matter right away. The most efficient way for you to follow up on this is directly with them, as the matters that remain are beyond our control.

Thank you

Drew MacFadyen
Advertising Manager
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Group Buying: Still Has Not Refunded Overcharge

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »