mariana24
mariana24  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 13:23
Spanish
+ ...
Sep 18, 2007

Hi everybody,

As well as I'm quite sure this has been asked and answered before, I haven't been able to find this topic in the fora.

I just had my PC formatted and I installed Office 2007 (used to have 2003). The Office package looks significantly different to previous versions, but what worries me most is that I cannot seem to find the way around for the Trados toolbar to be shown in Word. Any ideas?

Thank you very much in advance, and again, I apologise
... See more
Hi everybody,

As well as I'm quite sure this has been asked and answered before, I haven't been able to find this topic in the fora.

I just had my PC formatted and I installed Office 2007 (used to have 2003). The Office package looks significantly different to previous versions, but what worries me most is that I cannot seem to find the way around for the Trados toolbar to be shown in Word. Any ideas?

Thank you very much in advance, and again, I apologise if this is a repeated subject.

Cheers,

Mariana
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:23
English to German
+ ...
Which Trados version? Sep 18, 2007

Hi Mariana,
Could you please indicate your Trados version (full version number including the 'build number', please - go to Help - About... to find out)? (Please note the related request on the new topic page.)

May I suggest to use the advanced search, looking for "Office 2007" or "Word 2007" in this forum.

One of the relevant topics is here:
www.proz.com/topic/70014

Best regards,
Ralf

mariana24
mariana24  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 13:23
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not compatible? Sep 18, 2007

Thank you Ralf.

I have read through the thread you pointed me to, and all indicates that Word 2007 is not compatible with my version of Trados, which by the way, is 6.5.5.438 (Build 439).

I suppose I will have to revert to Office 2003? I wouldn't mind, the new Office 2007 does not look friendly to me anyway.

Thank you.

Mariana

[Edited at 2007-09-18 20:01]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:23
English to German
+ ...
No, AFAIK Sep 18, 2007

Hi again,

I have read through the thread you pointed me to, and all indicates that Word 2007 is not compatible with my version of Trados, which by the way, is 6.5.5.438 (Build 439).

That is correct, as far as I know.

Best regards,
Ralf

Shannon Jimenez
Shannon Jimenez  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:23
Spanish to English
SDL Trados 2007 Sep 19, 2007

Just a quick FYI: SDL Trados 2007 has its own "tab" in Word 2007. However, in my case, Trados causes Word to crash more frequently (though with Autosave I haven't lost any data).

~Shannon

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados and Word 2007

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »