Thread poster: Michaela Bordessoule
Michaela Bordessoule
Michaela Bordessoule
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:47
English to Czech
+ ...
Sep 21, 2007

I want to use my recent translations written as documents to create translation memory in Trados. So far the application in Trados automatically rewrote .doc to .rtf but it is still showing me, that my CP does not support .rtf format.

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Swedish to English
+ ...
Please explain a bit more Sep 21, 2007

I want to use my recent translations written as documents to create translation memory in Trados.

This is what WinAlign is for. See the User Guide.
So far the application in Trados automatically rewrote .doc to .rtf but it is still showing me, that my CP does not support .rtf format.

Please give more detail. What software, what versions, what you are trying to do.

Michaela Bordessoule
Michaela Bordessoule
United Kingdom
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
To continue Sep 21, 2007

XP, Word 2007,TRADOS V7

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Swedish to English
+ ...
Source and target files Sep 21, 2007

You seem to be ready to run WinAlign, feed in source and target pairs of your recent translations (as RTF files), align them in WinAlign - and you will end up with files you can import straight into Trados Workbench.

Let us know how you are getting on.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Creating translation memory

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »