.ini files in Trados/TagEditor
Thread poster: Tina Colquhoun

Tina Colquhoun  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:12
Danish to English
+ ...
Sep 24, 2007

I have a medium-sized project that I need to get on with, but the client has not sent me the right html.ini file. I have had an .ini file of the same name from this client before and TagEditor will open the file I need to translate with this old ini. file, but says that the ini file doesn't match. As it is now out of hours in the client's time zone, my question is this: Can I use the non-matching ini file? Is it difficult/impossible to undo after the event?

I just don't really want to lose valuable time as I have a busy week ahead.

Tina

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalia K
Russian Federation
Local time: 20:12
English to Russian
I think you can start translating Sep 24, 2007

Hi Tina,

As far as I know you can translate the file with one ini, save and close it, then open the file with another ini and save, and it will be OK. I tried such thing with xml-files.

BTW, trados has his own standard ini-file for html (at least, trados of version 7.1).

Natalia

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 19:12
English to Polish
Descriptive name for INI may differ Sep 24, 2007

AFAIK the descriptive name for standard Trados HTML4.INI has changed at some stage (somewhere in Trados 7.x) into "Predefined HTML Settings" - if your files were prepared with the older Trados version, your TagEditor might get confused (no matter the name of INI file and the root element are the same).

Tina Colquhoun  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:12
Danish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 24, 2007

Spasibo and dziękuję!

Tina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

.ini files in Trados/TagEditor

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search