Thread poster: Martine Etienne

Martine Etienne  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 03:42
Member (2003)
English to French
+ ...
Sep 26, 2007

DataObject:PutInClipboard : Mémoire insuffisante. Thats the message I get at each segment, at the opening and at the closing, so it makes me loose a lot of precious time. The text is not voluminous and I have still 57 % left on my computer, so it cannot be a problem of internal memory.

I work with SDL Trados Freelance 2006
And Microsoft Word 2000

Any idea of what happens.. I would be very gratefull.

Martine

Direct link Reply with quote

Christian Alkemper  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
I have the same problem.... Sep 27, 2007

Martine Etienne wrote:
DataObject:PutInClipboard : Mémoire insuffisante. Thats the message I get at each segment, at the opening and at the closing, so it makes me loose a lot of precious time. The text is not voluminous and I have still 57 % left on my computer, so it cannot be a problem of internal memory.
I work with SDL Trados Freelance 2006
And Microsoft Word 2000
Any idea of what happens.. I would be very gratefull.
Martine

I have the same problem. It turns up when I translate segments containing bullets or fields.

The behavior initially showed after I'd installed the update to build 826 of Trados 8 (i.e. 2007). However, as you work with Trados 2006, the update might or might not be the cause. I do use MS Word 2000, too.

The Trados forum doesn't know about it (yet).

Peter Adolph
Member (2006)
English to Danish
+ ...
The problem also affects SDL Trados 2006 Pro with MS Word 2003 Oct 11, 2007

We are also experiencing this problem. We work with SDL Trados 2006 Pro and MS Word 2003. We've got 2GB RAM in each PC, so that should be sufficient.

We would really appreciate help. The pop-up error dialogue box comes with the heading 'Microsoft Visual Basic' which makes me believe that it probably rather is a Windows/MS Word problem, but we only experience it when working in Trados.

I will search for an answer on MS' website as well.

Kind regards,
Peter

PS. I now found a note on the problem on: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/186063#top. Unfortunately, the content is in-understandable to a normal guy like me ... It seems to me that this message would be interesting for SDL's support department, so that they could arrange a fix for the problem.

[Edited at 2007-10-11 17:45]

Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
PutInClipboard Oct 11, 2007

generally requires MSForms to be registered in the VBA references, I believe - it is the file WINDOWS - system32 - FM20.DLL (where I use dashes instead of backslashes)

You can check if it is registered, for a start.

HTH
Antonin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DataObject:PutInClipboard

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search