Error 80005 when trying to open .inx file
Thread poster: PTLtda

PTLtda  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 07:48
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 1, 2007

Software being used is CS3 and TagEditor in SDL Trados 2007.

I have seen this same error discussed in other forums but have not found a case that is along these lines, so this post is a new angle on the 80005 error. When trying to open a .inx file in Tag Editor I get the following:

(80005): This file cannot be opened, as it contains one or more corrupt characters.

Cause:
Error on line 47348 of the document: Atribute "blfn" was already specified for element "txsr". Nested exception: Attribute "blfn" was already specified for element "txsr".

Possible workaround: Open the file in an XML-enabled editor and remove the invalid character(s) through global search/replace.

So I did open the file in an xml editor and found the attribute "blfn" on line 47348, and I did verify that it has already been used previously in the document. The only problem is I am not sure what to replace or where to go from there.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

Marie-Céline GEORG  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 13:48
English to French
+ ...
Trados 2007 does not support Indesign CS3 (yet) Oct 1, 2007

Hi,

When I've installed the upgrade, I've read that Trados 2007 does not support Indesign CS3.
Maybe your problem is related.
Sorry for not being able to help you!

Marie-Céline

PTLtda  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 07:48
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
seems like it does Oct 1, 2007

I have a group of three CS3 files. I was able to process 2 of them just fine, but the third one is the file that is giving me this problem. So it must support CS3 or I would not have been able to process the first two.
Thanks anyways.
Andrew

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 13:48
English to Swedish
+ ...
Not true Oct 5, 2007

Marie-Céline GEORG wrote:
When I've installed the upgrade, I've read that Trados 2007 does not support Indesign CS3.

Well, maybe Trados can't parse native INDD files, but OTOH, no CAT tools do that anyway.

But the INX format is totally interchangeable, that's the entire point of having an export format!
INX files produced in CS2 or CS3 use exactly the same tags and markup language.

And I can confirm that an INX from CS3 opens just fine, even in Trados 7.1.

To solve this problem, sometimes I would experiment by opening an INX twice in InDesign, and re-exporting it again. That will clean up a lot of garbage tags.

The command "clear all exceptions" in InDesign is also very useful to get rid of useless tags before creating an INX.

Andrew, please try that and post your results here!

Good luck,

/Jan

Siobain McAlister  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 12:48
German to English
Can't open .inx files in TagEditor 2007 Oct 2, 2008

I'm trying to open an indesign file with an .inx extension in TagEditor and it's not working. I converted the files from .indd, my hopes were high that after converting this it would work.. but it doesn't.

Does anyone have any ideas?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error 80005 when trying to open .inx file

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search