Working with InDesign file in Trados
Thread poster: Lily Zhang

Lily Zhang  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 17:37
Member
English to Chinese
+ ...
Oct 8, 2007

I cannot work with InDesign file in Trados 7.0.0.615 due to the absence of InDesign filter. It seems Trados 7.1 or above support InDesign file, right? Is it free to uggrade from 7.0 to 7.1? How? Thanks in advance for your kind help.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 11:37
English to Swedish
+ ...
you're right Oct 8, 2007

Lily Zhang wrote:

I cannot work with InDesign file in Trados 7.0.0.615 due to the absence of InDesign filter. It seems Trados 7.1 or above support InDesign file, right? Is it free to uggrade from 7.0 to 7.1? How? Thanks in advance for your kind help.


Hi Lily,

You're right in a way.

You need 7.1 or higher to work with INX files from CS2/CS3, but you can still use good old Trados 6.5/7.0 to open ISC files from Indesign CS.

I believe that you should still be able to find the 7.1 patch as a free upgrade.
Please log in to your account at SDL, if you're entitled to it, it should be visible here:
https://oos.sdl.com/asp/products/ssl/account/

Otherwise, maybe the exe file is available on an ftp site somewhere?!

/Jan

[Edited at 2007-10-08 14:45]

[Edited at 2007-10-08 14:45]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Lily Zhang  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 17:37
Member
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks. Oct 9, 2007

The agent allows me to submit uncleaned file and TM only. He will do the clean-up. Thank god, it saves me from the trouble. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Direct link Reply with quote
 
Haiyang Ai  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:37
English to Chinese
+ ...
CS2 Nov 19, 2007

Lily Zhang wrote:

The agent allows me to submit uncleaned file and TM only. He will do the clean-up. Thank god, it saves me from the trouble. Thanks for sharing your experience.


It's still worth to know how to do it on our own, isn't it?

-------------
English to Chinese translator
www.chineservice.com


Direct link Reply with quote
 

RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 11:37
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Maybe a bad idea Nov 19, 2007

Lily Zhang wrote:

The agent allows me to submit uncleaned file and TM only. He will do the clean-up. Thank god, it saves me from the trouble. Thanks for sharing your experience.


Hello,

it will maybe be possible to open the ttx (based on inx) file which was created on a higher Trados version, but in most times you will have problems to save the ttx back to inx.

And because your old Trados version has problems to recognize the newer tag structure in the ttx file you will have some bad segments in the memory, so that you have to adapt the translation again.

Maybe it would be easier and on a long view more succesful, if you buy the update.

Greetings

Hans


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 11:37
English to Polish
Some brief notes Nov 19, 2007

DSC wrote:

it will maybe be possible to open the ttx (based on inx) file which was created on a higher Trados version, but in most times you will have problems to save the ttx back to inx.


The rule is more generic - problems with saving TTX back to INX appear in about 50% of the projects. No matter what version of Trados was used. Move the TTX to the reviewer/QA/other computer and you won't be able to convert it back.

DSC wrote:

And because your old Trados version has problems to recognize the newer tag structure in the ttx file you will have some bad segments in the memory, so that you have to adapt the translation again.


Once the file is converted to TTX, the version of Trados/TagEditor is not that important (if you don't insert new tags using toolbars). You only have to fix the headers in TTX file to be able to convert back (usually PluginInfo goes bananas).


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Working with InDesign file in Trados

Advanced search







Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search