Thread poster: Francisco Mar Rubio
Francisco Mar Rubio  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 07:15
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 9, 2007

Dear friends,

I might be doing something stupid but I can not connect Workbench with Multiterm (both Version 2007). I go to Workbench-Options-Term Recognition Options... and I only have the option in Multiterm Version 2005, though I have no 2005 installed but 2007!!!!

Thanks for any help!
Best regards,
Francisco

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxLatin_Hellas
United States
Italian to English
+ ...
Common Problem Oct 9, 2007

Hi Francisco,

This is at least the third time that this subject has come up in the past month and a half. Obviously it is a common problem, an error in the basic programming of SDL Trados.

Just scroll down the SDL Trados Support forum and you will find threads providing effective solutions to the problem.

Switzerland
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks!!! Oct 9, 2007

Thanks a lot

Switzerland
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not the same problem? Oct 9, 2007

Hi again,

I do not know if my problem is the same one as mention in the forum. I found the solution when there is no Multiterm version displayed in the Term Recognition Options. I do have an option: Multiterm 5, but I should have Multiterm 7.
Do I hava to deinstall everything as propoused in the SDL FAQ??

Thanks a lot,
Francisco

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:15
English to Dutch
+ ...
Both Multiterm versions should show Oct 9, 2007

Hi Francisco

I've had the same issue, but at least I could choose from version 5 and 7. It was solved after much trial and error without deinstalling MultiTerm 5 (I wouldn't know how to deinstall MT5, there's no deinstall option anywhere).

Make sure you backup all termbases and TM's before you do anything else. I have lost data in the process of deinstalling and re-installing SDL Multiterm 2007 and Trados.

Then deinstall Multiterm thoroughly, as described in the other threads and re-install it with your virus scanner turned off.

You may also have to repair your .NET 2 installation.

SDL is working hard at ruining it's reputation with Trados 2007 and Multiterm 2007. You're better off with the Trados 7.5 and Multiterm iX, for example, but that may be hard to do.

Good luck!

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
Java Oct 9, 2007

Make sure you have the appropriate version of Java Runtime Environment installed (the one that comes with Multiterm installer).

HTH,
Wojciech

Switzerland
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot!! Oct 10, 2007

Thanks a lot. I think I solved the problem reinstalling Multiterm and clicking on "Register SDL Trados 2007 Freelance" option.

Best regards,
Francisco

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 7 does not connect with Trados 7

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search