Importing a glossary word document into MultitermX
Thread poster: B Honeywell
B Honeywell
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:56
English to French
+ ...
Oct 9, 2007

I'm trying to import a word glossary (.doc) into MultitermX.

I have tried to read through the help files but when I try to perform the import when in MultitermX it asks for an .xml file.

How do I get an .xml file from the glossary.doc file?

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Gabriela González
Argentina
Local time: 15:56
English to Spanish
No doc file but xls file Oct 9, 2007

Hi! When using Multiterm 5 or 5.5 you can convert tables from a doc document, but from Multiterm 6 on, the conversion files are: xls or MT 5.
so you need to export your word file into excel and then by means of the Multiterm Convert you create an xml file to import into the new termbase.
This is not user-friendly and the clue of success is based on the good excel file, do not leave clean spaces, no clean rows, use headings for every columns. HTH

B Honeywell
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:56
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Got it Oct 15, 2007

Thanks Gabriela

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing a glossary word document into MultitermX

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search