Prevent Repetitions from becoming 100% matches
Thread poster: AchimT (X)
AchimT (X)
AchimT (X)
English
Oct 12, 2007

Dear colleagues,

I've been told that during translation, once a segment has been translated once, it will after that be recognized as a 100% match instead of as a repetition.

I'd like to prevent this, and was told there was a way of doing this in an html.ini file. But, I cannot find documentation of that file and its settings.

Can anyone please point me to such documentation (or even tell me what I have to introduce into that ini file to achieve the objecti
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I've been told that during translation, once a segment has been translated once, it will after that be recognized as a 100% match instead of as a repetition.

I'd like to prevent this, and was told there was a way of doing this in an html.ini file. But, I cannot find documentation of that file and its settings.

Can anyone please point me to such documentation (or even tell me what I have to introduce into that ini file to achieve the objective described above?)

Thank you very much in advance!

Achim
Collapse

Stefan Gentz
Stefan Gentz
Local time: 14:22
English to German
+ ...
Why? Oct 18, 2007

AchimT wrote:

That's correct. That's the fundamental idea, concept and use of every translation memory.

I'd like to prevent this,
uote]

Why? I don't see any reason why this could be useful? And what is the desired alternative? A "no match"? And if so, why would anyone like to get a no match for an already translated sentence? I suggest that you work without a Translation Memory if you do not want to get the advantage from it.

d was told there was a way of doing this in an html.ini file.[/quote]
This is by design of the translation memory concept and has nothing to do with the html.ini or any other configuration file.

However, you can create your own html and configure the html ini to exclude specific parts of the html file.
A typical use case are multilingual files like this html code:
<p lang="de">Das ist der erste Satz.</p>
<p lang="en">This is another sentence.</p>
You can configure the ini to prevent any "p" elements that have a attribute "lang" with the value "de" from analysis and translation.
But this has nothing to do with your requirement

Kind regards,
Stefan Gentz

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Prevent Repetitions from becoming 100% matches

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »