https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/86608-same_trados_version_different_word_count.html

Same Trados version - different word count?!
Thread poster: Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 16:48
English to Swedish
+ ...
Oct 15, 2007

Hi all,

Me and a colleague are running exactly the same version and build of Trados (7.5.0.756).

I'm running a word count on a plain Word doc, against an empty TM, and I get a total of 431.
But when my colleague does the same on her installation, she gets 444 words.
The file is very basic, no text boxes or anything fancy.

I wonder exactly which options in the personal Trados settings that influence the word count?!

Does anyone else
... See more
Hi all,

Me and a colleague are running exactly the same version and build of Trados (7.5.0.756).

I'm running a word count on a plain Word doc, against an empty TM, and I get a total of 431.
But when my colleague does the same on her installation, she gets 444 words.
The file is very basic, no text boxes or anything fancy.

I wonder exactly which options in the personal Trados settings that influence the word count?!

Does anyone else have experience of this?

TIA,

Jan
Collapse

Margreet Logmans (X)
Margreet Logmans (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 16:48
English to Dutch
+ ...
Me and an agency Oct 15, 2007

There's an agency I've worked for many times, we always had different wordcounts (same TM).
Sometimes just 2 or 3 words, sometimes a bit more.
Check your penalty settings, they can cause differences. You and your colleague need to use exactly the same settings.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Same Trados version - different word count?!

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »