Synergy - Root element missing
Thread poster: Thomas Christensen
Thomas Christensen
Local time: 19:45
German to Danish
+ ...
Oct 19, 2007

Hi,

I have worked with SDL Synergy for a month now. All good until today where I tried to open a new project. First window opens and under projct type, I leave the "new project" marked. When I press "next" the following message pops up: "Root element missing" ("rodelement mangler"(stated in Danish)). And "save error details".
I have uninstalled SDL Freelance and installed it again, without any changes.

Please help.

Best regards
Thomas

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
SDL Synergy: New Project Oct 22, 2007

Hi Thomas

Please can you check whether you can manually access these keys using regedit.

The registry access referred to: the application tries to get the value of HKLM\SOFTWARE\FLEXlm License Manager\Trados_License_File and subsequently writes it to HKCU\TRADOS\Shared\Licence\Licence_File, creating this key if it does not exist.

Also, if you have the error file saved using Save Error Details, please can you forward that to SDL Support also.

Thanks and best regards
Denise

Thomas Christensen
German to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No elements in registry Oct 23, 2007

Hi Denise

There was no other Trados registry than TRADOSTranslationMemoryIndex, so I have contacted the SDL support with the error file.

Thank for your help.

Best regards

Thomas

Natalya Spicer
Local time: 12:45
English to Russian
+ ...
Same problem - need your help! Nov 16, 2008

Dear Thomas and Denise,

I have precisely the same problem: after one month of work the Synergy gives "Root element missing" warning and does not create new project.

I'm very new to TRADOS and will really appreciate if someone could help me solve this problem step by step. I can't find SDL Support email anywhere, maybe one of you know how to forward the "error details" file to SDL Support team and ask for their help?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best Regards,
Natalya

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Synergy - Root element missing

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search