Failed to load the "Word Spelling Checker" plug-in
Thread poster: François Désilets

François Désilets  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 17:09
English to French
Oct 19, 2007

Hi,

I just upgraded to Trados 7.1, and when I try to load the Word spell checker in TagEditor, I get this message :

"Failed to load the "Word Spelling Checker" plug-in:

(-2146822463). L'objet a été supprimé.

This plug-in will be disabled."

Seems like I don't have the plug-in anymore...

Can someone tell me how I can get it back?

Thanks!
Francois

Direct link Reply with quote

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 14:09
English to Dutch
+ ...
Word Spell Checker in Trados TagEditor Oct 19, 2007

Hi François

I've had this problem many times. TagEditor 'borrows' the Word Spellchecker. If you look in the Taskmanager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) you will see that if TagEditor is open, there is also a WINWORD process active, even if Word has not been started by you. It often crashes 'invisibly'.

Kill WINWORD.EXE in the Task Manager, restart TagEditor: it may work now.

If that fails, you may try to register Trados 7 in the registry. Start>Programs>SDL International>SDL Trados 2006>Register SDL Trados.. (location may differ, depending on version of Trados and Windows). Run the batch file with TagEditor closed. Restart TagEditor and check again.

HTH, Marinus

François Désilets wrote:

"Failed to load the "Word Spelling Checker" plug-in:

Paul Adie  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
Did you get this solved? Nov 22, 2007

Hey there,

I'm having the same problem with my Trados Freelance 7 version. Could you help me out? I've tried the tips above, but nothing...

Thanks!

Paul

Thomas Deschington
Poland
Local time: 23:09
English to Norwegian
+ ...
A bit late, but... May 6, 2008

Just had the same problem today. Opened TE 8, and no Word plugin, only Wintertree. I it solved by running the repair option in the install wizard (Start - Settings - Control Panel - Add/Remove programs - Modify - Repair), and now the Word plugin is back.

Christoffer Neustrup  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:09
English to Danish
+ ...
repair installation worked for me Dec 15, 2009

Thanks for the tip.
Repairing the Trados installation (Start - Settings - Control Panel - Add/Remove programs - Modify - Repair) also helped me solve this problem!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Failed to load the "Word Spelling Checker" plug-in

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search