Local time: 06:47
Member (2006)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Oct 20, 2007

Hi Prozians,

Hoped this wouldn't be necessary, I but need to ask you a question:

My new Trados (the most recent version) installation didn't work, so:

I've performed a system restore on my laptop (Vista), installed Office 2003 and then my new Trados 2007again.
SDLX works just fine, at first glance anyway.

The problem seems to be that Trados can't register the components:a small black screen shows, reporting error RA0000.
Don't know where to begin looking for a solution.

[Edited at 2007-10-20 19:23]

Direct link Reply with quote

Michaela Bordessoule
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:47
English to Czech
+ ...
Trados Error message Oct 20, 2007

Hi

Just sharing ...

I am experiencing also problem with the newest version of Trados but of different nature. Nevertheless my error message told me to contact administrator for further advice. But who it is? I send email on some email address from main Trados webpage, but no reply so far. So I tried to contact the Trados related company that is organising webinars this month, but no luck yet.

Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 02:47
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Have a look here Oct 20, 2007

Marlou Franken wrote:

Hi Prozians,

Hoped this wouldn't be necessary, I but need to ask you a question:

My new Trados (the most recent version) installation didn't work, so:

I've performed a system restore on my laptop (Vista), installed Office 2003 and then my new Trados 2007again.
SDLX works just fine, at first glance anyway.

The problem seems to be that Trados can't register the components:a small black screen shows, reporting error RA0000.
Don't know where to begin looking for a solution.

[Edited at 2007-10-20 19:23]

Try finding the error number at Trados knowledgebase here

http://www.sdl.com/services/services-sdl-support/trados-support.htm

I found the solution to an error message I received when installing.

Regards,
Marina

Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 02:47
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Administrator`s rights Oct 20, 2007

Michaela Bordessoule wrote:

Hi

Just sharing ...

I am experiencing also problem with the newest version of Trados but of different nature. Nevertheless my error message told me to contact administrator for further advice. But who it is? I send email on some email address from main Trados webpage, but no reply so far. So I tried to contact the Trados related company that is organising webinars this month, but no luck yet.

You`ve got to start Windows in an account with administrator`s rights in order to install the software (Windows XP). I think that´s what the installation is telling you.

If you are running Vista I`m afraid I can´t help you.

Regards,
Marina

Marlou Franken  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 06:47
Member (2006)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Found it Oct 20, 2007

Marina, many thanks for your trouble!

I did search site, but couldn't find it there, so that excludes that.....which was also helpful to know:)
After staring at my laptop for many hours and googling away, I've found the following which seems to be the solution in my case:

Disable User Account Control. (UAC)

I was operating in the administrator account, but the UAC blocked the registration anyway. After disabling, the registration completed. Now I am working with the tageditor, workbench open. (perhaps you should try that Michaela).

Next problem:
No Trados toolbar in word. I will look around for an answer to that, but I can already say that I can't find the trados7.dot anywhere on my laptop and I don't have Adobe installed yet. So Adobe is not the problem.

Anybody who knows an answer to that?

[Edited at 2007-10-20 22:14]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Register Trados 2007

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search