Thread poster: kadu
kadu
Spain
Local time: 19:44
Spanish to German
+ ...
Oct 21, 2007

Hello:
Can I use my TM exported from Trados (txt File) in the SDLX program? I know, I can export the TM from SDLX to Trados, but it is also posible to make the other way around?
Thanks for your help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
Yes, you can Oct 21, 2007

Create new SDLX TM in Maintain module, then TM > Import > Trados, select TXT export file.

kadu
Spain
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry, don´t understand Oct 24, 2007

Hello:
Thanks for your reply, but I don´t understand. What do I have todo exactly?
Wishes
Kadu

Andrew Levine  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:44
Member (2007)
French to English
+ ...
step by step Oct 24, 2007

1. Run SDL TM Manager (if you can't find the program, go to Run in Windows Start and enter s42tmman)
2. In TM Manager, go to TM -> New...
3. Name the SDL TM file you want to create, in the directory you want to create it in, click Save, and then click OK when the next dialog box pops up.
4 Go to TM -> Import -> Trados
5. The Wizard box pops up; click Add, then Add Selection, and select the TM(s) you wish to add.
6. When you are done adding them, click next, add the languages (make sure you select the correct dialects within each language).
7. Click through the rest of the Wizard and the .mdb TM, usable in SDLX, should be created.

kadu
Spain
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still with problems Oct 25, 2007

Thanks a lot, Andrew. I have made all the point you indicates and it seemed to be good. Now I have the TM from SLDX (Access). But when I open the file to translate and open the TM, than clic on apply, I receive the error:
"No translations found of source language "German (Germany)" and target language "Spanish-international".
Dont´s understand, why.
Wishes
Kadu

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Use Trados TM in SDLX

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search