Thread poster: Nicole Maina

Nicole Maina  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 05:05
Member (2005)
German to Italian
+ ...
Oct 23, 2007

today seems to be a very unlucky day, I haven't managed to translate a single word yet

I get the notorious message to close "track changes", but if I do, even after accepting all changes, the message disappears, but I am still unable to open a segment. what can I do??? help...

Direct link Reply with quote

Katherine Mérignac  Identity Verified
France
Member (2004)
French to English
Reboot? Oct 23, 2007

Might sound daft, but have you tried rebooting?

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Happens sometimes Oct 23, 2007

First try to save the document as rtf, close Word, reopen the document and save again under a new name as doc.
If this does not help, try to select the whole text but the last paragraph marck and copy and paste it into a new document.
There is also an article about "track changes" in SDL Trados support database, which you can find here.

HTH
Jerzy

Nicole Maina  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2005)
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
now it works, but don't ask me why!! Oct 23, 2007

I have tried rebooting, it was useless. I have tried copying into a new word document... useless. I have tried translating in tageditor, and it worked! no message about track changes. then I did a cleanup of those files, and now workbench has started working perfectly in word again!!! but I don't know why...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Track changes deactivated but Trados 8.0 won't open new segment

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search