Elvana Moore
Elvana Moore
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:06
English to Albanian
+ ...
Oct 23, 2007

Dear Collegues,

I have a Excel file to translated and I do have the TM from previsous work. I copied the Excel file and pasted into a word file so I could use the TM. I am now trying to clean it and it says "This file cannot processed as TTX because it was saved as a bilingual document in Word". I would really appreciate any help.
Elvana

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:06
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
TagEditor Oct 23, 2007

Hi Elvana,

you don't need to paste & copy anything. Simply open the TM, then TagEditor and then import (use the open file icon, choose any file or excel, as you like) the original Excel file into TE.

You can save the file both as bilangual and at the end only the target (save target).

Giuliana

[Edited at 2007-10-23 18:50]

Elvana Moore
Elvana Moore
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:06
English to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Giuliana! Oct 23, 2007

Thanks for your help. Just followed your instructions and it worked a treat! Elvana

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:06
English to German
+ ...
File Formats Reference Guide Oct 23, 2007

Hi Elvana,
You didn't specify which version you're using... Since you were able to open an Excel file, I assume you're using T6.5 or higher.

On a general note, you may want to have a look at the File Formats Reference Guide, which is installed with your software.

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Excel file +Trados

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »