Visual C++ Error installing Ver 7.1.0
Thread poster: FSchifferstein

Local time: 12:27
Oct 24, 2007

Hi community,

I am new to Trados and got the task installing it on Terminal Servers. I know, that Trados 7 is pretty outdated and not designed for Terminaservices. Nevertheless the pilot was successful. I really was surprised when installing the software on an other machine that at the last seconds of installing a Visual C++ error was raised. No more informatin, just stating that an unknown exception occurred - no module mentioned.

Since then I am running tests, runs perfect on a Vm Ware Instance Windows 2003 SP2, perfect on physical Windows2003 SP2 with Citrix Presentation Server 4.5, fails on MetaFrame 3.0 Servers with identical OS-Installation.

Well, now I am quite unsure what to troubleshoot.. the erros is raised as well when using teh registering batches, the line
"C:\Program Files\TRADOS\T7\TT\TW4Win.exe" /regserver

will cause the same effect.

Do you have any hints, what is going on ?

.Net 2.0 installed
Citrix MetaFrame 3.0 (fails)
Citrix MetaFrame 4.5 (ok)
Installing on plain W2k3 Sp3 on VMWare (ok)

Trados Version

Thanks a lot

[Edited at 2007-10-24 10:23]

Direct link Reply with quote

Pavel Blann  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 12:27
Member (2005)
English to Czech
I don't think... Nov 10, 2007

...translators on will be able to help you with this issue.

pls. report it as a bug to sdl support.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Visual C++ Error installing Ver 7.1.0

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €415 / $495
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 You will also receive FREE access to our getting started eLearning program!

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search