How to merge word documents split with a macro found in this forum?
Thread poster: George ABRAHAM
George ABRAHAM
George ABRAHAM  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 08:28
French to English
+ ...
Oct 25, 2007

How do I merge 2 word documents that were split with a macro found on this forum? When I merge with "merge and compare", the second document does not go after the first properly.
Thanks.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-10-25 12:03]

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 07:28
English to Polish
+ ...
which macro? Oct 26, 2007

killian_ro wrote:

How do I merge 2 word documents that were split with a macro found on this forum? When I merge with "merge and compare", the second document does not go after the first properly.
Thanks.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-10-25 12:03]

Hi,

Can you tell us more specifically which macro you found here? E.g. point us to the message in which you found the macro?

Will appreciate.

Piotr

George ABRAHAM
George ABRAHAM  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 08:28
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
the macro requested Oct 26, 2007

The link to the macro that splits documents is below:
http://www.proz.com/topic/35310

Here is what I do to merge the 2 documents: I open the first one, then tools->compare and merge, select the second document, select an option to keep formatting from the first or second document (doesn't matter). Then Word inserts the second document, but not at the end of the first. It puts some of th
... See more
The link to the macro that splits documents is below:
http://www.proz.com/topic/35310

Here is what I do to merge the 2 documents: I open the first one, then tools->compare and merge, select the second document, select an option to keep formatting from the first or second document (doesn't matter). Then Word inserts the second document, but not at the end of the first. It puts some of the second document on top of the first, then the rest of the document after the first and does not fully preserve formatting, esp. tables.
I hope this helps and I'm waiting impatiently for a solution.
Thanks a million.
Collapse

Golden shuttle
Golden shuttle
Local time: 13:28
English to Chinese
Insert Nov 5, 2007

Compare and merge is not to merge 2 files, it is just to compare the 2 files. If you just want to merge 2 files not many. you should open the first file and add a blank page through adding a pagebreak(if the 2 files have the same header and footer, if not, when you add pagebreak, please choose next page in the pagebreak dialoge box) and go to insert >files and then choos the second file which you want to merge with the first.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to merge word documents split with a macro found in this forum?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »