Thread poster: Salam Alrawi

Salam Alrawi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:48
English to Arabic
+ ...
Oct 30, 2007

Dear Colleages,

I just finished a translation using TRADOS, I didn't save the document but I still have the translation memory,

the problem is: for some reasons I messed up and now microsoft word keep the source and target segments both,

I need microsoft word to keep only the target segment,
this is urgent, cause I need to deliver this work within few hours, how to get rid of the source segment in microsoft word, I don't have time now to read the manual,

Any help will be appreciated,

Best regards,
salam

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-10-30 13:59]

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:48
English to German
+ ...
Hidden text vs. clean-up Oct 30, 2007

Hi Salam,

the problem is: for some reasons I messed up and now microsoft word keep the source and target segments both,

I need microsoft word to keep only the target segment,

This is not a Word issue - you will need to clean up the bilingual document to remove the source segments (Tools - Clean up).

As regards the display settings when working with Word, search this forum for "hidden text" - there are numerous topics dealing with this.

Best regards,
Ralf

Salam Alrawi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:48
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 31, 2007

Dear Ralf,

Thank you very much for your help, it really helped me, I did cleaned the document up,
concerning MS word, you say it is MS word issue, I changed the computer and worked on another one and I still have the same problem, it gave me the impression that it is a translation memory issue,
anyway, I will read the manual again to see if I can figure the problem out and solve it,

Best regards,
Salam

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Both source and target segments visible in MS Word

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search