Thread poster: Salam Alrawi

Salam Alrawi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:10
English to Arabic
+ ...
Oct 30, 2007

Dear Colleages,

I just finished a translation using TRADOS, I didn't save the document but I still have the translation memory,

the problem is: for some reasons I messed up and now microsoft word keep the source and target segments both,

I need microsoft word to keep only the target segment,
this is urgent, cause I need to deliver this work within few hours, how to get rid of the source segment in microsoft word, I don't have time now to read the manual,

Any help will be appreciated,

Best regards,
salam

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-10-30 13:59]

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:10
English to German
+ ...
Hidden text vs. clean-up Oct 30, 2007

Hi Salam,

the problem is: for some reasons I messed up and now microsoft word keep the source and target segments both,

I need microsoft word to keep only the target segment,

This is not a Word issue - you will need to clean up the bilingual document to remove the source segments (Tools - Clean up).

As regards the display settings when working with Word, search this forum for "hidden text" - there are numerous topics dealing with this.

Best regards,
Ralf

Salam Alrawi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:10
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 31, 2007

Dear Ralf,

Thank you very much for your help, it really helped me, I did cleaned the document up,
concerning MS word, you say it is MS word issue, I changed the computer and worked on another one and I still have the same problem, it gave me the impression that it is a translation memory issue,
anyway, I will read the manual again to see if I can figure the problem out and solve it,

Best regards,
Salam

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Both source and target segments visible in MS Word

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search