Andrew Levine
Andrew Levine  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:30
Member (2007)
French to English
+ ...
Oct 30, 2007

I am using SDLX 2007 on Microsoft Word files in Windows XP. Whenever I open a Word file to translate in SDL Edit, none of the hyperlinked text is shown; instead, thin red vertical lines show up in their place. I cannot find any way to edit these little red lines (they represent text that must be translated), and so when I click on "Create Translation" and open the output file, I see of course that the hyperlinked text is still in the source language, as I had no opportunity to change them.
... See more
I am using SDLX 2007 on Microsoft Word files in Windows XP. Whenever I open a Word file to translate in SDL Edit, none of the hyperlinked text is shown; instead, thin red vertical lines show up in their place. I cannot find any way to edit these little red lines (they represent text that must be translated), and so when I click on "Create Translation" and open the output file, I see of course that the hyperlinked text is still in the source language, as I had no opportunity to change them.

Can anyone explain how to get the hyperlinked text to show up in an editable (i.e. translatable) form in SDL Edit?

Thanks in advance!
Collapse

Pavel Blann
Pavel Blann  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 05:30
English to Czech
SITE LOCALIZER
afaik... Nov 10, 2007

...you can't edit tags in sdl edit

cheers,
pavel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hyperlinked text shows up in SDL Edit as little red lines

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »