Véronique L.
Véronique L.  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:50
English to French
+ ...
Nov 4, 2007

Hi all!

I'm desperately trying to install SDLTrados 2007 SP1 on my new computer but whenever I try to run the executable I have downloaded, I get the following message:

"The content of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of the file, verify its integrity, and try again."

Can someone please help me????

Thanks!!

Véronique

... See more
Hi all!

I'm desperately trying to install SDLTrados 2007 SP1 on my new computer but whenever I try to run the executable I have downloaded, I get the following message:

"The content of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of the file, verify its integrity, and try again."

Can someone please help me????

Thanks!!

Véronique

Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You must help yourself Nov 4, 2007

Download the file again. You are not doing anything wrong. The file you're trying to install is obviously corrupted - happens sometimes with downloaded files.
Just go to your account and download the file again.

HTH
Jerzy

Véronique L.
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How many times, then? :-) Nov 4, 2007

Hi again,

I had been doing it 4 or 5 times before I posted the message, so I was wondering whether it could come from my security settings (although I have double checked that) or anything else...

Thanks again for your help!

Véronique

[Edited at 2007-11-04 15:16]

Ayob Salleh
Ayob Salleh  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:50
English to Malay
The contents of this file cannot be unpack Nov 4, 2007

Pls check the file size that was download - it should be the same as what was mentioned in your account. if less than what it should be then download again.

The number of times depend on the connection speed and other factor.

Véronique L.
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Nov 4, 2007

Ayob Salleh wrote:

Pls check the file size that was download - it should be the same as what was mentioned in your account. if less than what it should be then download again.

The number of times depend on the connection speed and other factor.

Hi,

The last attempt was the right one

I think it has to do with my Internet connection speed but I'm not sure.

Ayob: I have checked the size of the file to see if there was any problem with it and whenever it was partly downloaded, I had an error message, but different from the one I mentioned above.

Anyway, thank you both for your prompt replies!

Véronique

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados "the content of this file cannot be unpacked"

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »