Trados finds 100% macht but does not insert
Thread poster: hatipovic
hatipovic
Local time: 16:24
German to Bosnian
+ ...
Nov 6, 2007

Hello,
my Trados find an 100% match in the document but still, it does not insert the text into the translation segment.
What is going on here?

Regards,
Mirza

Direct link Reply with quote

Nicolas Coyer  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 09:24
Spanish to French
+ ...
One guess... Nov 6, 2007

If your multiple translation penalty is set to 0%, then you can sometimes have multiple 100 % matches appearing for a segment. In this case, I think WB does not insert any of those, as you have to make a choice btw them.

[Modifié le 2007-11-06 13:32]

Annelise Meyer  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Another one Nov 6, 2007

Hi,
maybe you pretranslated the file segmenting everything? In that case, even if trados finds out a 100% match (which will be a sentence you translated and added shortly in the TM), it sill keep with the original translation, even if it was a copy of the source segment. All you have to do is press Shif+Tab+Insert to retrieve the new (and correct) translation.

Hope it helps!
Annelise

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Every time? Nov 6, 2007

Hi!

This usually (maybe even every time, I didn't really check) happens to me, too, but only for the very first 100% segment in a given text. I click on "paste translation" (or whatever it is called in English, I'm using the German version), the translation is entered, and subsequently all 100% matches are automatically translated.

Regards,
Erik

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados finds 100% macht but does not insert

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search