https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/88879-convert_pre_translated_ttxs_back_to_original_xmls.html

Convert pre-translated TTXs back to original XMLs
Thread poster: Truc Tran Van
Truc Tran Van
Truc Tran Van
Vietnam
Local time: 17:58
English to Vietnamese
Nov 9, 2007

One of my clients alway send me pre-translated TTXs. I know the source files are in XML format.

Is there anyway to convert TTXs back to original XMLs? I hate to ask the client to send me the XMLs every time they send jobs to me.

Thanks,
Truc

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 13:58
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Don't think so Nov 9, 2007

The only way to persue them to send the original files seems to be a surcharge on pre-translated, but there are die-hards that don't care.
Send them the tutorial on file formats or other related infos. The reason for using a CAT tool is, that the customers can concentrate on their documents and the translator on the translation. All is need is the original files, the TM and the analysis-logfile.
Cheers
Heinrich

Truc Tran Van
Truc Tran Van
Vietnam
Local time: 17:58
English to Vietnamese
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 9, 2007

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

The only way to persue them to send the original files seems to be a surcharge on pre-translated, but there are die-hards that don't care.
Send them the tutorial on file formats or other related infos. The reason for using a CAT tool is, that the customers can concentrate on their documents and the translator on the translation. All is need is the original files, the TM and the analysis-logfile.
Cheers
Heinrich

OK!

Thanks Heinrich!

Have nice weekend!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Convert pre-translated TTXs back to original XMLs

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »